– By December 2020, the total number of monthly API calls across the EEA is expected to reach between 2.8bn (5% adoption rate) and 3bn (20% adoption rate); with Germany, France, the United Kingdom, and Italy all experiencing over 300m calls per month.
– By December 2021, Germany, France and Italy will join the UK in experiencing monthly volumes in excess of 500m (even with the lowest adoption rate of 5%).
– By December 2022, with our lowest projections of a 5% adoption rate, Germany and the UK should be experiencing monthly transaction volumes in excess of 1bn. If the adoption rate is as high as 20%, Spain, France, Italy and Poland will also experience monthly volumes in excess of 1bn.
As more companies move their core operations online, the questions of data privacy and data security and how to handle them from an institutional standpoint as well become even more critical for successful business growth.
Across the world, traditional banking is transforming into something else entirely and the full outline and scope of the future of the industry, while not yet fully understood, already presents some amazing opportunities for firms looking for an edge, business innovation and revenue growth.
Agile businesses adapt to the times, providing the market with needed services as they arise as well as new opportunities. This second aspect, helping clients realize new opportunities, is increasingly displacing the traditional model of banking facilitated capital allocation.
Few people have questioned whether e-commerce was the way of the future when it came to retail and shopping, but even fewer have asked what this brave new world will look like.
After all, as everyone moves online, other factors will play critical and distinguishing roles in determining who the winners and losers are from the e-commerce online future.
Grab your morning coffee and join us as we reveal insight from our flagship research of 2020. You’ll be joined by peers in the payments community as we uncover the latest opportunities and use-cases in the industry.
Date 1st October 2020 Time 09:30 – 10:30
Book your place → https://landing.modulrfinance.com/cost-of-hidden-inefficiencies-epa
Netcetera is Mastercard’s exclusive 3-D Secure testing partner to help retailers and other businesses ensure they are ready to comply with PSD2. Mastercard and Netcetera, the market leader for 3DS and EMVCo associate, are supporting merchants to improve their transactions and conversion rates. This is the first time that merchants are able to run tests in their live online shops.
Have you registered for our Tomorrow’s Transactions events?
Join Dave Birch and colleagues from Consult Hyperion for our weekly webinars and fireside chats, to discuss transaction technologies and the issues our industry is facing. Every Thursday at 4 PM BST/11 AM EDT.
Strategic thinking for post-pandemic payments
Accomplished CFO and COO, Suraj Badlani, joins the international technology platform to lead corporate development and finance
Kompli-Global, the leading RegTech AML specialist, has announced today that it that it is ensuring corporate entities do not fall victim to potential fraud and money laundering, as it unveils Kompli-Reveal™, a screening solution harnessing augmented intelligence (AI) and human expertise, to provide the most up-to-date information on their client bases.
Luc Gueriane, Moorwand CCO, discusses: If the move to cashlessness is hurting so many, who is responsible for making sure innovation doesn’t come at the cost of inclusion?
Radius Bank, the best online US bank of 2020*, and Currencycloud, the leader in providing B2B embedded cross-border solutions, have partnered to offer Radius clients the ability to send money to more than 180 countries.
Following increased customer demand for international wire transfers for both their own clients and their Banking-as-a-Service partners, Radius sought to find a solution that could be quickly integrated. Using Currencycloud’s APIs means Radius Bank can send outgoing payments to international destinations they were unable to reach before on behalf of their clients.
Join us on online at 9.30 on 15th September for a demo of our new Confirmation of Payee product followed by a live Q&A session with our payments experts. Register now. https://landing.modulrfinance.com/coffeemorning_confirmation_of_payee
Modulr is the first non-bank or building society to join the Confirmation of Payee service.
Confirmation of Payee allows users to check if the payment details they’ve entered for a person or business match the details held by the recipient’s bank.
This provides reassurance that payments are being sent to the right recipient and protects Modulr customers from certain types of payment fraud.
UK-based end-to-end accounts and payments solutions provider Contis has forged a partnership with global payments platform Currencycloud.
Through this partnership, Contis can now offer foreign exchange and international money transfer services to its clients and account holders.
– Banking in Latin America
– Effect of Covid-19 on Latin American banking
– Key risks of bancarization in Latin America
EML and Laybuy are working together on Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL).
– Challenges facing the industry in stopping online banking fraud
– Decision criteria utilized to determine a winner across technology attributes and future business value drivers
– Reasons Buguroo was selected as the clear winner across all determining criteria
– How does SIM swapping work?
– SIM swappers struck – what next?
– The role of the bank in stopping SIM swapping fraud
– Behavioral biometrics analysis overcomes the failings of two-factor authentication
– Profiling cybercriminals, one simjacker at a time
– How unauthorized fraudsters use compromised customer data and phishing techniques to attack online banking platforms
– Leverage behavioral biometrics and AI to make real-time decisions
– Assess the risk of entities holistically, not only relying on PII
Financial infrastructure provider, Banking Circle, is tackling the compliance and reconciliation issues often faced in global B2B payments with its new Payments on Behalf of (POBO) and Collections on Behalf of (COBO) solutions.