- MLR 2017 – risk assessment, customer due diligence and ongoing monitoring – are you getting it right?
- 5th Anti-Money Laundering Directive - legislative chance in the pipeline on cryptocurrencies, high-risk country requirements, and PEP registers
- 6th Anti-Money Laundering Directive – ‘failure to prevent economic crime’ offence to be created
It will then go into more detail on all aspects of the UK AML legislative regime including the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and the MLR 2017.
- Primary money laundering offences – criminal proceeds, suspicion, offence ingredients
- Reporting suspicions of money laundering
- MLRO’s responsibilities and how/when to file a SAR
- Tipping off and how to avoid it
- MLR 2017 – review of CDD and EDD requirements, risk assessment, internal controls and ongoing monitoring
It will also include an overview of the key issues in anti-bribery legislation, an overview of enforcement actions, a summary of key aspects of an effective ABC policy and procedure, and, where desired, scenario-based training.
Contact Richard Jones at Eversheds Sutherland for inquiries.