But, what does it mean to balance supply and demand? Put simply, it's the split of buyers and sellers that a business needs for their marketplace platform to succeed. With too few buyers, sellers will not join a marketplace; with too few sellers, there is not enough supply to attract buyers. It is one of the most important considerations for marketplace platforms - and therefore a perfect topic for our fifth workshop.
N.B. You do not have to have attended any of our previous workshops for this to be relevant. We have a new theme for each event!
Below is a schedule of how the evening will unfold:
- 18:30 - 19:00: Arrival and Networking
- 19:00 - 19:10: Introduction
- 19:10 - 19:40: Balancing supply and demand - basic principles, why it’s important, and Case Study of two food marketplaces: FeedUp & WiFifo, by Austin Tasker, Founder of FeedUp
- 19:40 - 20:00: Learnings from scaling European's largest service marketplace - How to manage the demand vs. supply side, by Claas Stüdemann, Head of Operations UK/IE of Helpling
- 20:00 - 20:20: Networking break
- 20:20 - 21:00 - Balancing supply and demand from a Geographic perspective, using data science to balance supply & demand - by Paul Cook, Growth and Analytics advisor for Hiyacar, Esme Loans, Licklist, Booxscale, etc.
- 21:00 - 21:15: Final Networking & Drinks
Full list of speakers here.