Mission Statement: To position the EPA as the central, unified voice of the payments industry and the first touchpoint for those outside the industry seeking an informed opinion on the issues affecting the payments ecosystem and its users.
Businesses and consumers make 38.2 billion payments transactions every year worth over £70 trillion. The payments industry is composed of a vast array of payments companies including payment schemes and networks, payment service providers, merchants, Fx companies, processors, and many more. The diversity of the UK payments industry is not only a strength, but a weakness. It is unusual for an industry of this size to lack not only a public awareness but a focal point of contact.
Project Media is a change project focused on making the Emerging Payments Association (EPA) the independent, central voice of payments and the main point of contact for the media on payments issues. As an independent organisation with no partisan ties, the EPA has an agenda and strategic focus that is produced by its members and for its members.
Project Media aims to achieve these central objectives through a number of means:
- Actively develop contacts and working relationships with the media, working groups, regulators, and lobbyists
- Highlighting the innovations and products of EPA member companies through communiques and press releases
- Developing an industry tracker index to measure an industry viewpoint on the changes affecting the payments industry and report on how emerging payments technologies can overcome these issues
- Directing calls for consultation and response to the EPA and its member companies to thereby create a central point of contact
- Drive media awareness of the EPA and its activities (lobbying, change projects, events) and increase the profile of the EPA’s influence on the payments industry and regulatory/governmental bodies
Project Media Team
Angela Yore – Co-Founder, SkyParlour
Mike Laven – CEO, Currencycloud
James Tallis – Commmunications Consultant, SkyParlour
Helen Aboagye – Head of Communications, Currencycloud
David Parker – CEO, Polymath Consulting
Martin Rutland – Head of PR, Kompli-Global
Alara Basul – Digital Finance Reporter, Contentive
Alex Hammond – Managing Editor (Digital Finance), Contentive
Adam Keal – Senior Communications Manager, MasterCard